Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Hey! I'm Kevin Coffee, from Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA. I work as a graphic artist for WANE-TV, the local CBS-Affiliate TV station. On the side I pursue cartooning and freelance illustration work. I have an official website that features samples of my freelance work, and is the place to go for anyone interested in my services.

Click here to go to coffeespill.com

So why did I create this blog, then? After discovering the sketchblog phenomena all over the web and seeing what other illustrators and cartoonists are doing with their own blogs, it was a natural idea to start my own sketchblog. Whereas coffeespill.com is my business site for attracting paid freelance work, this blog is more of a playground. Cartoonists and illustrators come up with ideas and concepts by the process of sketching, and as many sketchblogs are showing, many times these sketches are just as good as the finished work...sometimes much more interesting because the work is unedited by clients or editors who take all the fun out of the work for the sake of marketability.

So that's my plan for this blog...whatever interesting or strange or unmarketable or disturbing or hopefully fun doodles, sketches, or illustrations that I come up with that don't have a home anywhere else, I'll display here.

Just for the heck of it, here's a few samples of previous cartoons I've done, mostly from my "Coffee Spill" single-panel web cartoon that I used to update regularly...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home